28 Feb Metal Roofs and their warranties
No matter the type of roof that you choose to install, we always hear, “How long is the warranty?”. Knowing the warranties on each type of purchase is important, which is also holds true with metal roofs.
And….it’s a reasonable question.
With new roofs being one of the most expensive investments you are going to make into your home, it’s natural to want to know. Many homeowners then start thinking about when it would need to be replaced next. Or what guarantee’s you get with the product, and company you choose before buying.
Before we dive into the pro’s and con’s of we have to address the elephant in the room surrounding warranties.
We have to remember that a warranty, with any roof purchase and installation is based not only on the product selected, but also if it was installed by the manufactures guidelines. Customers should be aware of this when it comes to roofing installations, as many customers believe they had a warranty, only to find out the product was not installed properly, and the manufacture voided it. This is why it is very important to make sure that the company you choose to work with is certified through the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA)
The Pro’s and Con’s of Metal Roofs:
- Can come with warranties 50 years, but can literally last for hundreds of years (if installed properly). This is up to 5x more than traditional roofs, depending on the products selected.
- A metal roof can reduce the amount of heat coming into your home. Therefore, reducing the demands on your air conditioning unit.
- Metal roofs are durable! They are not as susceptible to uncontrollable events: fire, hail, tree falling and damage. With this can potentially come an additional savings on home owner insurance since the risk will be much less.
- These types of roofs are not even really “metal looking”. They can come in different colors, patterns and styles! They can even look like wood, slate, or tile, giving a homeowner a wide variety of options. See some style options below:
- They are more expensive, and will cost more upfront. But if you look at your home as an investment, compared to alternatives are much cheaper.
In summary, depending on your budget, and personal preference, a metal roof, can be the most bang for your buck. Knowing that traditional shingle roofs lasting 10-20 years, a metal roof can easily last twice as long!
With Affordable Philly Roofer, we are able to offer a wide variety of roofing options, for roof replacements, and brand new roofs. Customers should be knowledgeable before making a big purchasing decision. So we will walk through all of the options and come up with the best type of roof and product, to meet your budget goals, and style.